Sunflower Quilling Card – A Little Sunshine Instead of Snowflakes

I just couldn't bring myself to make snowflakes that year. I wasn't really in the mood for winter at all. I wanted sunshine, warmth and bright colors instead—maybe because I never managed to take a proper summer holiday.

So, instead of making winter cards, I decided to make myself a little sunshine in the form of a handmade sunflower card.

Handmade 3D paper quilling card with bright yellow sunflowers, green leaves and turquoise details

Close-up of a quilled sunflower with layered yellow petals and a detailed paper center

This 3D paper quilling card features bright yellow sunflowers and green leaves, with soft lace and a warm rustic touch added to the background. I used colorful quilling strips to create the flowers and foliage, giving the card a cheerful, summery feel.

Yellow quilling sunflowers and green leaves arranged on a colorful handmade card

I really enjoy making quilled sunflowers because they instantly bring warmth and energy to a project. This card is another one of my early sunflower designs and a reminder that handmade cards don't always have to follow the season.

Sometimes, when everyone is making snowflakes, you simply need a little sunshine instead.


Angled view of a 3D quilling card showing raised sunflower petals and layered floral details

Bright sunflower paper quilling design with yellow flowers, green foliage and a warm handmade feel


Recommended Sunflower Posts

If you love paper quilling sunflowers, you may also enjoy these other sunflower projects from my blog. They show different ways I have used the same cheerful flower in handmade cards, from simple floral compositions to more detailed 3D designs.

🌻Rustic Sunflower Quilling Card – 3D Paper Quilling Inspiration – a more rustic and country-inspired sunflower card, combining a 3D yellow sunflower with blue cornflowers, green leaves, kraft cardstock and distressed details.

🌻3D Paper Quilling Sunflower Tutorial – Step by Step – if you would like to make your own quilled sunflower, this step-by-step tutorial shows how to create a 3D sunflower with layered petals and a fringed centre.


Comments

  1. WOw ! Its gorgeous,the quilled petals look almost real ! I love both summer n winter too :D !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Прекрасная открытка!
    Подсолнух просто шикарный! Ювелирный!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work beautifully
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really very happy that you love my works :)

      Delete
  4. Szaleństwo! Co Ty robisz, tymi rączkami? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oj tam-oj tam :) coś robię, jakoś tak mi wychodzi :P

      Delete
  5. Здраствуй,Катюша ! Пишу тебе в первые. Как-то случайно забрела я на твой сайт,и вот сейчас постоянно просматриваю твои работки- они все шедевриальны! Не перестаю удивляться твоему таланту! Но хочу сказать тебе огромно спасибо на ссылку в этой открытке на сайт где ты покупаешь все для квиллинга.Я сейчас живу в Германии,и тут выбор бумаги для квиллинга не велик.Как я была рада найти такой оооочень хороший магазин с таким большим выбором! Мой муж помог мне все перевести и договорится на польском,и вот уже во вторник мне сюда выслали посылочку! Очень её жду и думаю не в последний раз буду там заказывать.Спасибо тебе, что ты нас радуешь своими работами и находишь время поделится ими!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Аннушка, большое тебе спасибо за такие слова!!! Это так приятно, когда мои работы не оставляют равнодушными! Буду стараться и дальше не разочаровывать своих читателей и творить вкусные штучки! Рада, что удалось также с моей скромной помощью найти магазинчик :) думаю, магазинчик тоже рад! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment