Quilled Monogram K in a Bright Paper Flower Wreath

Hello everyone! Today I would like to show you a project that is very close to my heart: a quilled monogram “K” in a bright flower wreath. This piece was made specially for the annual Paper Festival that takes place in our region, in the Old Paper Mill. It was a perfect place to show paper quilling flowers, and I wanted to prepare something special for it.

Image 1 (framed, front view): Quilled monogram K in a white frame, surrounded by a wreath of purple and yellow paper quilling flowers

First, I created an intricate wreath of quilled flowers, and only then I decided to add something personal. My name is Kate, so the letter “K” was the natural choice. I made the letter bold and clean, without any filling of coils and swirls, because the whole composition is already very rich, and more details inside the letter could make it too noisy. The simple yellow “K” gives the eye a place to rest, and the flowers around it can shine.

Image 2 (angled view): Paper quilling flower wreath with a bold yellow letter K, purple morning glory style flowers and green quilled leaves

The flowers are the real heart of this quilling design. The complex purple flowers remind me a bit of morning glories, especially with the little striped buds that I added between them. The yellow flowers are made with the “triangle coil” technique, which I developed myself out of vortex coils. I love how the soft purple, bright yellow, and fresh green work together, so the wreath looks cheerful and full of spring energy, even in a white frame on an ordinary wall.

Image 3 (close-up of the letter): Yellow quilled monogram letter K made with on-edge paper strips, surrounded by quilled flowers

mage 5 (close-up of yellow flower): Yellow quilled flower made with the triangle coil technique, green quilled leaves and striped purple buds

Image 4 (close-up of flowers): Purple quilled flowers with yellow centers and striped buds, detailed paper quilling flowers design

Paper quilling monogram K in a flower wreath, bold yellow letter surrounded by purple morning glory style flowers, yellow quilled flowers and green leaves

Thank you for reading and for your support! I hope this quilled monogram gives you some ideas for your own quilling projects, whether you like quilled flowers, letters or personalised paper art. If you try the triangle coil, I would be very happy to see your work. More quilling ideas are coming soon, so stay with me!

Tips: Paper and Tools for Graphic Quilling

The best way to get the right strips for graphic on-edge quilling, like the letter “K” in this piece, is to cut them yourself from paper of around 120-160 gsm, because the final project will be more durable. For this, you need a fine cutting knife that lets you achieve very neat edges. I have personally been using Excel Blades knives for many years, and I love them. 

Under this link you can find more advice on the tools I use in my quilling studio.

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy supplies through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.

You Might Also Like

If you enjoy quilled letters and floral paper art, take a look at these two projects from my collection:

Personalised Wedding Cards with Monograms – elegant handmade cards with quilled initials, a lovely idea for a special day.

Name Quilling Decorations for a Nursery – sweet quilled names to make a baby’s room feel warm and personal.

Comments

  1. zdolniacha - podziwiam :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasiu, ten monogram jest prześliczny !!! Już nie mogę doczekać się niedzieli :) Pozdrawiam, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asiu, bardzo dziękuję za komentarz! Byłam szczęśliwa poprowadzić ten warsztat i czekma na kolejne!

      Delete
  3. Kolejna CUDOWNA praca. Monogram i te kwiaty są prześliczne. Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment