Did you know that the word pansy comes from the French verb pensée, which means "to think" ? According to FlowerMeaning.com, pansies symbolize love, admiration, and keeping someone in your thoughts . Inspired by this sweet symbolism, I decided to craft my own 3D pansy bouquet using paper strips and glue .
To capture that distinctive pansy "face," I layered crimped paper strips in shades of purple, sky blue, and bright yellow to build textured, open petals . I paired the main blossoms with orange daisy-style accent flowers and comb-quilled leaves to give the bouquet a freshly gathered feel . Building each petal loop by loop takes patience, but seeing the colors blend together is so rewarding . Whether framed in a shadow box or given as a gift, these paper pansies are a thoughtful way to send a little love to someone special .
How would you style these colorful pansies in your home—in a framed shadow box, or perhaps as a card topper for a loved one? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! If you're inspired to roll your own paper flowers, be sure to save this post for your next studio session. Happy quilling!



Very pretty! I also like the orange flowers!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for your kind words!
DeleteCudnie Kasiu! Kocham bratki:-) Pozdrawiam:-)
ReplyDeleteDziękuję z całego serca! tez lubię bratki :)
DeleteTwoje prace są fenomenalne! Oczu nie można oderwać!
ReplyDelete