In honor of International Paper Flower Day (and the legendary 18th-century botanical artist Mary Delany!), I spent some time at my desk experimenting with new color combinations and leaf shapes. Sometimes the best way to spark fresh creative energy is to put large projects aside and simply play with paper strips!
For these two small arrangements, I wanted to explore a richer, warmer palette—combining deep crimson reds with bright marigold yellows and golden amber tones. To balance the intensity of the blossoms, I layered in a mix of foliage styles, from comb-quilled wavy leaves to delicate olive sprigs and structured hand-bound stems.
Playing with shades like this is such a great reminder of how much mood can change just by shifting green tones or tweaking petal shapes. Whether turned into card toppers or shadow box arrangements, these quick color studies are definitely going to inspire future designs!
Really lovely!
ReplyDelete