Fresh Colours of Love: Handmade Quilled Wedding Card with Personalised Monogram

Ever wonder why wedding cards almost always stick to soft pastels or pure white? I wanted to break away from the usual rules and experiment with a bright, joyful colour palette for a custom wedding card—and I have to admit, I’m so happy with how it turned out!

Handmade quilled wedding card featuring a personalized monogram with letters K and D inside a floral oval wreath of white, yellow, and green quilled paper flowers on a lime green patterned background.


At the center of the design is a bespoke quilled monogram featuring the couple's initials, "K & D," shaped from warm yellow paper strips using on-edge lettering. To bring the surrounding wreath to life, I wrapped the initials in lush green leaves formed with classic comb quilling. Nestled alongside the greenery are sweet pale yellow flowers made from pinched triangle coils. But the real showstoppers are the large white blossoms—I used crimped double eccentric coils to give the petals that soft, ruffled texture, finishing them off with delicate yellow fringed centers for an extra touch of detail.

Close-up of quilled paper flowers showing a large white blossom with crimped double eccentric coils, yellow fringed centers, triangle coil accent flowers, and comb-quilled leaves.

It was such a fun piece to create, and it goes to show that a little unexpected color can bring so much life to a handmade keepsake!

Comments

Post a Comment