Quilled Number 10: Graphic Paper Quilling

Hello everyone! First of all, thank you so much for all your kind comments on my last post with the quilling flowers tutorial. I was really happy to read that you liked it, and your words gave me a lot of energy for new paper quilling projects. Today I have something new to show you, and some happy news too!

Quilled number 10 in a white box frame, pink, light blue and white paper strips, graphic paper quilling art

The news is that my Instagram account reached 10,000 followers, so I made a quilled number 10 to celebrate. It is my graphic quilling piece in soft pink, light blue and white. The numbers are built from white paper strips standing on their edge, and inside I filled the shapes with flowing waves, nested scrolls and many small coils. I wanted the design to feel light and playful, like a little paper wave. After my first quilled number 7, this was another step in my on-edge typography experiments, and I enjoyed every curl of it. When it was ready, I put it in a white box frame, and it looks so clean and bright on the wall.

Image 2 (close-up, angled view): Paper quilling number 10 with pink and blue scrolls, coils and white on-edge strips, quilling typography

Of course, it is not about the numbers. It is about people who love paper crafts and quilled art, and who take a moment to look at my work. Instagram became another place, besides this blog and Facebook, where I found new friends. If you use it too, come and say hello! You can find me as @art_life_quilling (follow me on Instagram). Besides finished quilled creations, I also show the “behind the scenes” of a quilling artist’s life there, with little moments from my everyday work. You are very welcome to leave a like, a comment, or press the follow button. I will be really happy to see you there.

Image 3 (side view): Quilled number 10 with flowing blue waves, pink curls and tight coils, graphic quilling design

Thank you for being here, for reading, and for your support. More quilling ideas, quilled letters, numbers, monograms, and flowers are coming soon, so stay with me!

Image 4 (front view with text): Graphic quilling number 10 in pink, blue and white with the words “Thank you!”, made to celebrate 10,000 Instagram followers

Tips: Paper and Tools for Graphic Quilling

The best way to get the right strips for graphic on-edge quilling is to cut them yourself from paper of around 120-160 gsm, because the final project will be more durable. For this, you need a fine cutting knife that lets you achieve very neat edges. I have personally been using Excel Blades knives for many years, and I love them. 

Under this link you can find more advice on the tools I use in my quilling studio.

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy supplies through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.

You Might Also Like

Graphic Paper Quilling: My Quilled Number “7”

 – my first graphic quilling project, made with on-edge paper strips in warm orange and green.

Quilled Monogram K in a Bright Flower Wreath – a personalised letter surrounded by colourful quilled flowers.

Comments

  1. Quilling konturowy - podziwiam:). Zresztą wszystkie Twoje prace są piękne aż żałuję że mieszkam tak daleko. Mi ostatnio z quillingiem nie po drodze ale mam nadzieję, że się to zmieni. A zestaw wygląda bardzo ciekawie :) Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zachwycające cyferki. Zestaw już oglądałam w ENITAN.pl Gratuluje wydania broszurki. Pozdrawiam i życze pięknego majowego świętowania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niesamowite. Podziwiam, podziwiam, podziwiam! Jak Ty to robisz? Mnie wygięcie paska tak jak ja chce to istny koszmar... Za nic nigdy nie chcą układać się w strony, w które pragnę. I mimo, że marzeniem jest stworzenie imienia taką techniką, obawiam się, że jeszcze sobie poczekam na jego ziszczenie.
    Prześliczna, cudowna i zachwycająca detalami. Jak zawsze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piękne cyfry !!! Do głowy by mi nie przyszło, że tak można ! Zestaw "cztery pory roku " też jest świetny. Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment