
Flowers often take centre stage in quilling, but I also love the simple beauty of paper foliage. Leaves and small branches can add movement, balance and a natural feeling to a composition without requiring complicated techniques. Most of the shapes in these leafy sprigs are made from basic quilling coils that are simply pinched, folded or combined in different ways.
To show how versatile these simple shapes can be, I created a set of minimalist “Thank You” cards in a cosy rustic style. I used textured handmade paper mounted on kraft cardstock, then arranged the green quilling strips into delicate leafy wreaths around the message. The natural colours and textures give the cards a simple, handmade character.
I wanted these little cards to be practical as well as decorative, so I attached a small wooden clothespin to each one. This makes it easy to clip a handmade thank-you note to a fresh flower bouquet, gift basket, box of chocolates or wrapped present.
If you have a few green quilling paper strips left on your desk, try turning them into simple leaves and branches. Experiment with different coils, pinched shapes and arrangements—you may be surprised by how much you can create with the most basic quilling shapes.
You may also like
If you enjoy making paper foliage and quilled leaves, you may also like this tutorial:
🌿How to Make Paper Quilling Leaves – Step-by-Step Tutorial – learn how to create a delicate green sprig with intricate quilled leaves, graceful swirls and simple paper strips. – learn how to create a delicate green sprig with intricate quilled leaves, graceful swirls and simple paper strips.






No comments:
Post a Comment