I love combining paper quilling with lettering, and this piece was created around the name Zuzia. The bright green script is surrounded by a colourful floral wreath, with purple, lavender, yellow, orange, blue, pink, white and fresh green flowers standing out against the clean white background. A soft lilac-pink border adds a gentle touch to the overall composition.
The name Zuzia is the main focal point and was created using quilling on edge. Instead of placing the paper strips flat, I shaped and glued them vertically onto the backing board to form the flowing letters. This technique gives the lettering a raised, sculptural appearance, with the paper edges creating delicate shadows. I kept some negative space around the name so the floral wreath would frame it without making the centre feel too busy.
I mounted the finished personalized quilled name art in a shadow box frame, which provides enough depth to protect the raised flowers and on-edge lettering. I like the contrast between the precise paper typography and the softer, organic shapes of the flowers. This design could easily be adapted for another name, initial or date, making it suitable as nursery decor, a birthday keepsake, a wedding gift or a personalized handmade paper art piece.
You may also like
If you enjoy personalized quilled name art and floral shadow boxes, you may also like these framed projects:
👧Maja – Personalized Quilled Name Shadow Box – a delicate floral wreath surrounding the name Maja, created with colourful quilled flowers, leaves and personalised paper lettering.
🦋Amelia – Personalized Quilled Name Art – another handmade name design combining paper flowers, flowing lettering and dimensional quilling in a framed shadow box.
💜Emilia – Quilled Name Frame – explore more personalised quilling projects featuring custom names, colourful paper flowers and handmade floral wreaths.
No comments:
Post a Comment